Top Social

create classic children's clothing

Project Run & Play Week One - Remix Two

Tuesday, April 10, 2012
This is my second remix of the circle skirt at made for the Project Run & Play Sew Along at Home Contest. The fabric is a delicate silk/cotton blend that was perfect for layering. The waistband is a quilting cotton I picked up at a local quilt shop. Having never worked with silk before, I was surprised at how manageable it was. My greatest difficulty with it is how easily it wrinkles, so probably not the most practical choice, but I can't help loving how the silk drapes. 


UPDATE:  Just entered this in Skirt Week 2012 at Crafterhours
















Crafterhours
13 comments on "Project Run & Play Week One - Remix Two"
  1. So cute! I love it! And I love how patient your model was...way better than my bouncing ball of a child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Britt! It's all an illusion, though...she's not as patient as she looks!! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Maja! So...no entries from you? Not even the up-cycle challenge? That one is so up your alley!

      Delete
  3. I love this... your material choice, design, model... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this...beautiful colors, lots of twirl, and a rockin' bow :)

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! It I ever got my act together, this is the exact style I was dreaming of making. Of course, mine would have been a mess compared to yours! Lovely skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this it turned out great! :-) You should consider doing a tutorial for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to mention too, I'm your newes follower! I found you through a real-life housewife. Would love if you would check out my blog and maybe even follow along too! :-)
    sewloveit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christy! I am going to do a tutorial for it, but probably not until next month. I will definitely check out your blog and follow along...thank you for following me!

      Delete
  7. I love the layers and the big bow, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how pretty! That is the perfect fabric. :) Love the layers and the bow. I'm going to have to make one of these! Pinning, if that's okay.

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature